Friday, February 5, 2016

Gourmet Fare

Gourmet Fare!

This time poetry was written in the kitchen,

to express my views, I held no pen,

Instead made use of some new tools

Pots and pan, oh t'was so cool.

What would be the subject matter, I thought, 

"Vegetables and desserts, you nitwit head,

Don't you remember the pumpkin I brought."

My inner voice constantly rattled in my head. 

"I want something special for guests tonight"

"Bother not,"said the voice within,

"Inside every stomach it'll churn all right."

Still I implored to dish out a gourmet fare.

"All right," guided the inner voice

"Get a pumpkin if that is all you care.

follow instructions to the tee...

Cutting ,chopping ,washing and cooking."

The puree was ready in a jiffy.

Next in the pan, boiled the milk

Till it thicken turned into half.

In went the puree , colour enhanced,

From white to creamier yellow.

"Wow," I nodded my head in satiation

"It actually looks a gourmet fare!"

"It's not complete, you silly woman,"

Can a dish be ready without sweetness? 

So in went the sugar, nuts , and aromatic spices

The medley boiled and thickened further.

The aroma spread in all surroundings;

Off from the fire,for the dish was ready.

Poured into a glass dish, chilled,layered 

And garnished with diced mangoes.

In all this my inner voice scorned, laughed

Called me, nitwit, silly, dumb head and what not!

I braved it all, with spirits high, and collars up

For I had mastered the art of making

PUMPKIN DESSERT!

Kiren Babal

8.8.2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment