Sunday, February 7, 2016

Housemaid

Housemaid

She made her entry like an innocent soul

My heart elated full circle,did rock-n-roll;

Little did I know there was bomb in store

Like a delayed fuse, ready to explode.

Day one, rules were declared----

Not to be left alone at any cost;

Thrice a day will call her mom

And would sleep, no where, but in my room.

And her crying, most dangerous of all

Were no less than a cloud burst;

Tornado, tsunami, katrina,and cyclone,

I stood there wet like a battered shore.

Who am I?..I asked myself.

Master of the house or 'Hukum ka Gulam';

The serpant of anger did raise its head,

But quickly subdued, for fear of loss.

So to make peace I found myself entertaining ---

First to the movie;

Then for the dinner;

Then to the bookfair;

But nothing could 

Stop the incessant cloud burst;

So to save my life, I packed her off,

To where the flash flood did belong.

My body released of all the pain

Slept and snored, the whole day long;

It was such a relief to see myself alive,

With heartbeat happily doing,

tick-tock, tick -tock.

Kiren Babal

22.02.2014

No comments:

Post a Comment