Monday, February 8, 2016

Resolutions vs New Year

I know I'm late for this...yet want to share it

Resolutions vs New Year

My mind always plays

A perrineal boggling game.

What new resolutions would be,

for the coming year?

This time too 

I scratched my head

Squinted my eyes

Chewed the pencil stubs.

For the list was long

Did not understand 

Which ones to focus

And which ones to shun.

New Year ushered in, amidst all cheers.

Still caught in the web

The brilliant ideas for

New Year's Resolution

Stayed at bay.

Unmindful of my thoughts

New year, in its goblet held

A unique champagne

To hold a toast, cheer

And celebrate The New Year.

1st Jan,

A gift from my cousin surprised me

A movie ticket

An energy packed thriller

Fully energized me.

3rd Jan, 

My daughter virtually airlifted,

for a trip to Dubai

It fully mesmerised me.

My dancing heart, on the clouds of nine

Learnt yet another

,lesson of life.

Right now, this moment ,Enjoy

What life has brought in store.

Let resolutions take a backseat.

The flow of time will decide and 

Make its own resolution.

And my mind... cleared of all webs

Gave a grand salute to 

The New Year

..and its resolutions.

Kiren Babal

12.01.2014

No comments:

Post a Comment