Sunday, February 7, 2016

Krishna's Paradise

Krishna's Paradise!

Yesterday night

Stress, strife, turmoil

Struck me hard;

Heavy head

Tossing and turning

For no rhyme or reason

Sleep deprived me

At every implore.

A glass of water,

Flipping the pages,

Of books, magazines;

Diverting the mind,

With something to read;

Yet sleep refused 

its refuge unto me.

A little chanting,

A little munching,

Appeasing the mind,

looked for reason,

All possible Manouveres;

But everything failed me.

Finally Chaurasia's flute recital,

Very akin to Krishna's divine song,

Came to my rescue.

In that moment something transpired;

Flowing on the notes of the flute,

I lay in Krishna's refuge like a child;

Stroking my head with that gentle loving smile,

placed my head on his cosy pillow;

I smiled at him, shut my eyes,

sleep took charge of me.

Opening the door ,

to the other realms

Of Krishna's Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment