Monday, February 8, 2016

Travails of forgetfulness

Travails of Forgetfulness (Villanelle style)

Flight of steps, descending , early morn, all set for a walk,

Shell shocked and horrified , I find my lovely car, not in sight.

My car parked under the tree, my forgetful mind, failed to talk.

Upon my friend's advice, dialled 100, forgetting the walk,

Then rushed to the colony gate , enquired the gaurd in sight;

Flight of steps, descending , early morn, all set for a walk.

'Where did you go last evening?' asked my friend in an earnest talk.

Distant sound of siren,then suddenly an image, flashed in the mind;

My car parked under the tree, my forgetful mind, seemed to talk.

Spotting my car, I drove it back, Beat constable staring hard;

Honest confession, forgetfulness my biggest woe, came to sight;

Flight of steps, descending , early morn, all set for a walk.

Went in the car to attend the meeting, came back in leisure walk

forgetting completely, my car left behind, and out of sight

My car parked under the tree, my forgetful mind, seemed to talk

Case closed in the police station, all travails came to naught,

And greetings from all corners, and I blushed at my plight;

Flight of steps, descending, early morn, all set for a walk;

My car parked under the tree, my forgetful mind, seemed to talk

...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment