Monday, February 8, 2016

Tete-e-tete

Tete-e-tete

An urban life, busy wife, a socialite...

Returned home late one day and chirruped,

"Darling, lets spend quality time...

No serials, no I-Pads, just you and me and a cosy chat.."

"Your wish my command.."beamed the betterhalf

As if he had any choice....

Well they started on a happy note,

Soon interrupted with a shrill trrrrrnnnng.

"Oh its my brothers call"

Saying so the wife slid to the other room.

Brother and sister poured their heart out.

For good one hour before goodbye was said---

A long distance call followed from sister this time

It was understood that an hour would pass

With notes to exchange and giving solace.

Finally when she entered the bedroom again;

The husband quipped, "What a tete-e-tete..I must say!"

"Why didn't you watch TV?" was a sheepish query.

"Darling, am I not known for keeping promises....!"

No comments:

Post a Comment