Sunday, February 7, 2016

Laughter

Laughter (A chance meet)

Two women meet each other, suddenly

years later, in an exhibition; 

Embracing each other with roaring laughter, 

shedding tears of joy and spirits high . 

Celebrations took charge , with bailley rounds,

Rejoicing the chance meet with a hearty chat . 

Time took on wings and transported them

Into the house they entered , as young brides, 

a home of their marital bliss . 

" You remember ? " chirped Minna.

"That day , oh what a coincidence . . . 

We both were at recieving ends, and

Our husbands howling in pain . . . Oh ! 

It all happened the same day. " 

A cloud burst of laughter filled the air . 

" Well it was not my fault , " explained the other. 

" I resisted , he insisted, so had to apply heat;

To his aching back, with a warm iron . 

Towel placed on his back , the foment 

at first was soothing for some minutes. 

Suddenly he jumped, rolled to the other bedside.

And imagine the radio that very instant singing. . .

The house on fire . . . the house on fire

Poor soul ! A wee bit of iron did touch his side ,I admit ; 

What could I do for I was just a young bride" 

Another peal of laughter rant the air. 

Now listen to my story,Neelum dear! 

" My hubby was suffering from an earache.

Requested me to pour some oil in his ear. 

I resisted , he persisted, so had to concede.

The oil , little more than lukewarm , I did pour; 

He let out such a long wail, I nearly fainted. 

What could I do , for I was a young bride too. . . 

Best was, both enquiring each others plight, 

patting each other. . . Friend, take it in a stride" 

The room rant again with peal of laughter. 

In walked the hubbies, joining the banter;

Reflexly one touching his back and other the ear . 

Joining their better halves , for more to hear ... 

Kiren Babal

7. 4. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment