Monday, February 8, 2016

Stye

In loving memory of my 'Dad'

This is really mystical and true

Stye

Swollen eye,

Sure to be a stye.

Tossing and turning,

Painful and irritating,

Disrupting sleep.

Memory flashed

childhood bylanes, in the morn;

Puffed ,swollen, red eyes---Sick in bed

Stuck eyelids, infected, stye in both eyes.

Then gentle caring hands

giving wet sponge wipe, tepid fluid

clearing the puss, opening the eyes;

The feel of those palms

etched forever in me.

Dad you came again

carressed and cleaned

my puffed red eyes.

Only this time, not in person,

You came in my dream...

Refreshed me again

of that gentle caring feel.

The touch of your palms

which is

so etched

In me.

Now

with refreshed eyes

when I look up,

strangely 

mystically

wondrously feel 

your soothing presence;

Every night

In the twinkling

starry

light.

Kiren Babal

1.10.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment